Sylvester Bhaiya is the real life story of Delhi’s My Angel Academy, Life-Coached by Sylvester Peter since he was 13 yrs old himself, dedicating 29 years of his life to the children’s cause close to his heart. Sylvester used football as the main tool to reform the lives of under-privileged slum children against their everyday constant struggle and has been passionate about building the new generation of Responsible Citizen.
About the Filmmaker
Submitted by Harsh Vardhan Singh
– Independent Filmmaker, Paper Weight Entertainment.
– Shorts Films screened at various Film Festivals including the prestigious Cannes Film Festival 2010, Tiburon International Film Festival, Jeevika: Asia Livelihood Documentary Festival, Pocket Films, YourStory Indiepreneur, RoyalStag LargeShort Films, YES! I am the Change Social Filmmaking Challenge etc.
– Films and Video Production Services & Advertising Consultancy for Clients like TheBetterIndia.com, SocialCops, Webenza India Pvt Ltd, Dogsee Chew, Rode Microphones, Sudhanshu Mehta Foundation, Bonito Designs, Nitesh Estates, Titan elevate, DTDC, Ittisa Digital Media, Plan India, Aishwarya Trust, Mister Tikku, XOLO Smartphones, Mahindra Rise etc.
– Featured on various print/online/TV broadcast media like CNN-IBN, The Statesman, Being Human Foundation, YourStory.com, Global Citizen’s Global Poverty Project, Community Channel UK, MTV Indies, Axis Bank “My Idea of Progress”, IMDb, Wildcraft, Biz Asia & Asian Image, Best Ads, Exchange4Media.com, Kulzy, Youth ki Awaaz, LifeBeyondNumbers.com, Afaqs!, RED FM, Indian Express, inshorts, India Today etc.
– Top 20 Scriptwriter, Mumbai Mantra Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab 2012.
– Shortlist NFDC Screenwriters Lab 2015 (Romance).
– 3rd Winner, Indiepreneur Film Festival by YourStory.com for “Puneet Pahuja: It’s never too late”.
– Winner, Best Documentary Award (EduDoc) at Jeevika 2015: 12th Asia Livelihood Documentary Festival for “Sylvester Bhaiya”.
– Guest Author at Exchange4Media, LifeBeyondNumbers.com, YouthKiAwaaz.com.
– Founder & Project Director, Bihari More Education Project, a Volunteers driven Independent Initiative aimed to Nurture & Empower the Underprivileged Children & Families in & around the NIT Durgapur Campus since 2009.
– Rex Karmaveer Global Fellowship 2015.
– iVolunteer Awards Nominee in ‘Leader in Volunteer Engagement’ category.
– Worked as Creative (Copywriter) and Films Intern at Lowe Lintas Advertising Agency under Filmmaker R Balki for brands like Hindustan Times, Unilever, ICICI etc.
– Worked as Assistant Director at Chrome Pictures, Mumbai for brands Tata Tea, UNICEF etc.
Filmmaker’s Website: https://www.facebook.com/paperweightindia/